Planetary Development Institute objectives include general (project-related), philosophical-ideological and research objectives.
- Forming the basics of the philosophy and scientific theory of saving the biosphere and solving humanity's global problems, and its unification into a planetary unity to form biocompatible noospheric civilization;
- Attracting the world’s prominent scholars, using scholarly achievements in various fields of knowledge and generating new knowledge and solutions in humanities natural, formal and technical sciences;
- Developing specific scientific-practical ideas, models and methods of creating a new economy, which are founded on rational nature use, resource saving and resource substitution, as well as a just common goods distribution system based on planetary rent revenues;
- Developing normative-legal, political-economic and organizational-administrative bases and mechanisms of institutional planetary governance infrastructure;
- Setting Dubai’s World Expo 2020 humanitarian agenda encompassing economic, social, political-legal and cultural issues for special events, academic and social discussions and other forms of work;
- Establishing a unique international interdisciplinary planetary research and development school in the Emirate of Dubai.
- developing a theoretical-methodological basis of re-globalization (including global human integration);
- modelling the categorical-conceptual and structural-functional bases of a noospheric civilization as a harmonious world design;
- developing a system of biocompatible ethics and the basis of different kinds of spiritual activity;
- creating a new mobilization ideology founded on the values that can unite humanity.
- taking stock and assessment of the current status of global problems;
- review and systematization of sustainable development indicators;
- development and justification of interdisciplinary planetary research methodology;
- creation of a unified system of studying and designing planetary processes;
- creation of a common planetary theory through a synthesis of noosphere theory, bio-centric ecology and sustainable development theory;
- development of scientifically warranted facilitation of world development harmonization;
- modelling and justification of optimizing and rationalizing the use of natural resources.