United in one infrastructure, these bodies receive institutional status and carry out functions directed towards the implementation of planetary governance objectives:
- Monitoring, analysing and assessing situations, processes, problems and trends;
- Planning structures, processes and actions;
- Passing laws and creating a normative-legal base;
- Administration, co-ordination and regulation;
- Financing and other resource procurement;
- Informing and educating.
In terms of direction, scale and implementation time (from strategic to tactical to immediate), the planetary institution system’s objectives must:
- Meet the main goal of planetary governance, which is global human integration for the purpose of saving the biosphere and creating a noospheric civilisation for future generations;
- Be realistic, scientifically grounded and compromise-based (the interests of the involved elites must not be ignored);
- Have a sufficient resource base.