Mandate: the IT Department provides the Planetary Development Institute with computer support and introduces information and communication technologies into the Institute’s operation.
Mission: to create, maintain and improve the effectiveness of the Institute’s IT system supporting all the organisation’s activities.
- Providing IT support of all of the Institute’s units;
- Maintaining the continuous work of the Institute’s information infrastructure, including all communication channels;
- Maintaining the Institute’s computers and other office equipment;
- Providing comprehensive informatisation and automatisation solutions to the Institute’s management processes, including research and external relations;
- Planning, implementing and developing cutting edge information technologies.
- Technical support for the Institute’s website and server (administration, access provision and control, keeping information resources in good order and ensuring their security);
- Monitoring the efficiency, safety and quality of the Institute’s IT infrastructure;
- Creating and developing an automated Institute management system;
- Purchasing and installing multimedia equipment in the Institute’s units;
- Upgrading hardware and software;
- Providing network access;
- Training the Institute’s staff in using IT in their work;
- Ensuring all information and communication contracts are signed, and goods and services are delivered.
The Department acts in co-ordination with other Institute units in carrying out activities within its jurisdiction, when it is necessary for the Department to carry out its mandate.
- The Institute’s Executive Director carries out general management, co-ordination and oversight (strategic management) of the Department’s activity;
- The Head of Department is responsible for operation management.