INFORMATION MONITORING DEPARTMENT
Mandate: the Department provides the Institute with information support in the following areas:
- Long-term planning;
- Assessment and analysis of operation;
- Information and methodological support of the Institute’s research;
- Website support.
Mission: creating, maintaining and improving the system for information-analytical monitoring of external resources; to carry out research; provide expert services; and raise public awareness of the Planetary Development Institute.
- collecting, analysis and systemising of information from external sources;
- carrying out research through opinion polls, questionnaires, interviews, interactive voting and ratings, and other ratings;
- facilitating the carrying out of the Institute’s research programmes and projects;
- preparing materials for conference papers, reports, programmes and projects;
- supporting the Institute’s presence on the Web;
- contributing to implementing other Charter Goals and Objectives that meet the Institute’s research interests and social activity.
- information monitoring of modern global problems (statistics, facts and analysis);
- monitoring of studies and research projects in the Institute’s areas;
- information monitoring of research organisations and NGOs involved in globalism research and other issues of the Institute’s research and social interest;
- preparing the Institute’s website news content;
- preparing materials for the Institute’s website editorial sections (statistics, analysis, reference materials, interactive maps etc.);
- preparing materials for the Institute’s accounts in social media;
- providing translation services.
The Department acts in co-ordination with other Institute units within its jurisdiction, when it is necessary for the Department to carry out its mandate.
- The Institute’s Director for Research carries out general management, co-ordination and oversight (strategic management) of the Department’s activity;
- The Head of Department is responsible for operation management.