FINANCIAL AND LEGAL DEPARTMENT
Mandate: the Financial and Legal Department provides optimal use of the Institute’s financial and legal resources in compliance with relevant legislation.
Mission: to provide financial and legal support for the Planetary Research Institute’s current and long-term activity through creating an efficient system of financial and legal discipline, control and reporting.
- Organising the Institute’s financial activity to implement its working plans, to use its financial and labour resources safely and efficiently, and to make relevant payments on time;
- Using legal means efficiently to strengthen the Institute’s financial condition and improve its economic performance;
- Protecting the Institute’s rights and legal interests;
- Representing the Institute in government, judicial, taxation and financial bodies and in negotiations with external organisations, etc.;
- Providing the Institute with legal means to reach its objectives, and carry out its functions;
- Paperwork management.
- Financial planning of the Institute’s activity to use funds and resources efficiently;
- Procuring financial means for the Institute’s operation and development as well as covering unplanned costs;
- Carrying out accounting, internal control and financial audit of the Institute’s operation and assets management;
- Executing payment operations including bank transfers;
- Developing the Institute’s internal regulations;
- Making agreements and contracts between the Institute and its partners, suppliers, customers and other parties, and providing expert assessment of these agreements;
- Providing legal and financial advice, expert opinions and consultation services;
- Carrying out other functions within its jurisdiction.
The Department acts in co-ordination with other Institute units within its jurisdiction, when it is necessary for the Department to carry out its mandate.
- The Executive Director of the Planetary Development Institute carries out general management, co-ordination and oversight (strategic management) of the Department’s activity;
- The Head of Department is responsible for operation management.